Welcome to the 3rd giveaway in the Books for 2020 Giveaway!
Book one was Singles: Take Control of your Own Financial Journey. Book two was Everywhere Holy: Seeing Beauty, Remembering Your Identity and Finding God Right Where You Are (still time to enter – giveaway ends 1/27/20). Now it’s time to help you find the perfect diabetic recipe!
This giveaway is for a new cookbook published by the American Diabetes Association.
From weeknight meals for the whole family to snacks on the go and even desserts, there’s something in here for everybody in THE CLEAN & SIMPLE DIABETES COOKBOOK. Best of all, each recipe follows the ADA’s dietary and nutritional guidelines. And a diabetes-friendly diet isn’t a special diet, it’s a smarter diet!
Cooking at home is one of the best ways to eat healthier (and save money!) It can be difficult to know where to start, which is where the new book comes in! In the latest book from dietitian and Gourmand World Cookbook Award-winner Jackie Newgent, readers will learn that eating better to manage your diabetes or prediabetes doesn’t have to be complicated.
This cook book will walk you through the basics of simple, home-cooking, using fresh, whole ingredients to kickstart your healthy, clean-eating lifestyle.
In fact, no one in our family is even diabetic but clean-eating is good for every one so I’m excited to try it out! And the recipes are delicious!
The book contains over 100 diabetic recipe including:
- Oaxacan Brunch Style Nachos
- All-American Portobello “Cheeseburger”
- Turkey Meatballs Arrabbiata
- Buffalo Garbanzo Snackers
- Cacio e Pepe e Spinaci
- Single-Serve Peach Cobbler with Pecans
- Sweet Cherry Milkshake
- Mason Jar Sesame Chicken Salad
- Sheet Pan Chili Lime Shrimp and Peppers
- Super Green Guacamole
- Tuna and Avocado Power Bowl
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
Before you buy it, you have a chance to WIN a copy! Keep reading to find out how!
Giveaway hosted by Saving Toward A Better Life
Co-hosted by Deliciously Savvy
Would you like to see some of the recipes in the cookbook? You can do that!
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen whole strawberries, thawed (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon bottled lemon juice (not from concentrate), divided
- 4 ounces Neufchâtel (light cream cheese)
- 1/2 cup plain 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fruit-sweetened apricot fruit spread (jam)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Homemade Fruit-Sweetened Granola (page 106) or no-sugar-added granola
• Medium bowl • Measuring spoons • Spoon • 6 juice glasses or other 5 1/2-ounce-capacity glasses • Large mixing bowl • Dry measuring cups • Electric mixer
serves: 6| serving size: 1 juice glass
prep time: 15 minutes| cooking time: 0 minutes
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the strawberries with 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Spoon into juice glasses, about 1/3 cup each.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the Neufchâtel, yogurt, fruit spread, vanilla, and remaining 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Blend ingredients together with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Spoon blended mixture on top of the strawberries, about 3 tablespoons each.
3.When ready to serve, sprinkle with the granola topping, about 1 tablespoon each.
Recipe and image copyright American Diabetes Association, 2020
Now, how about that giveaway?
You could win the cookbook that’s going to clean up and simplify your diet!
U.S. Entries only. Giveaway ends 2/16/2020. One winner will be randomly selected from completed entries and contacted at the address used on the entry form. Winner has 48 hours to respond or prize is forfeited. Giveaway in no way endorsed or sponsored by Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.