I had a wonderful time speaking at another eCO Credit Union’s Savings Race seminar yesterday! I hope all of you that were in attendance are ready to save some money!
Here’s a recap of the things we talked about and be sure to read all the way to the end for more information I didn’t have time to cover.
To use coupons, you have to have coupons so we discussed all the many ways to get coupons.
- Sunday Newspaper
How many papers should I get each week?
- Following your favorite brands on Facebook
- Brand’s Websites
- Store Websites
- Writing to companies
- In store and on products
tearpads, blinkies and peelies (coupons on products)
- In the mail by signing up through various programs
Mobile and e-coupon programs:
- SavingStar – works with Winn-Dixie, CVS, Rite-Aid and others. Load offers to your store card and receive it as cash back after purchase
- Ibotta – works with CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Dollar General, Target, Publix, Walmart, Sam’s Club, Whole Foods and more! Scan your receipt and items after purchase and receive cash back (requires a smart phone)
- Checkout51 – works at ANY store. You can upload receipts via phone app or by taking a picture and uploading via your computer.
- Snap by Groupon – identical to Checkout51 above. Works at any store and can redeem via app or on your computer.
- Shopkick – works with Target and other retailers. There are mobile coupons to use as well as offers to earn points you can redeem for giftcards. This one requires a smartphone
- Shopmium -similar to Ibotta and Checkout51. Find the app in your phone’s app store and use code MCACKKRG to get an extra freebie when you sign up!
- Receipt Hog–Receive points when you upload your shopping receipts and redeem your points for gift cards! Requires a smartphone.
- MobiSave – simple, easy cash back! Works at any store. Requires a smartphone
Store specific coupon programs:
Winn-Dixie e-coupons – coupons you load to your store loyalty card to receive a discount at the time of purchase. Cannot be stacked with manufacturer coupons, do not double and one per purchase
Publix e-coupons – add the coupons you want to your account. Enter your account number (phone number) at the register to receive a discount at time of purchase. Cannot be stacked with manufacturer coupons, do not double and one per purchase
Dollar General e-coupons – add the coupons you want to your account. Enter your account number (phone number) at the register to receive a discount at time of purchase. Cannot be stacked with manufacturer coupons, do not double and one per purchase
CVS and Walgreens have started using e-coupons to and they are available through those stores apps.
- Sunday Newspaper
- I didn’t get into all the many ways to save on things besides groceries, like saving money when eating out, finding free things to do with the kids, little tips to save on small things that add up, finding samples or completely FREE things and saving money online by shopping at Amazon or getting cashback with Ebates on your online purchases.
- And speaking of Amazon, you can earn FREE money to spend at Amazon using sites like Swagbucks! (I earned over $100 last year from Swagbucks and I used it to buy Christmas gifts with!) Plus, you can check out all the ways I earn Amazon gift cards for FREE HERE.
- And don’t forget to sign up for the baby clubs at Winn-Dixie and Publix. Plus, read up many ways to get coupons, samples and save on baby needs in my baby savings series.
I hope this will help you get started and if you ever need anything, I’m just an email, comment or Facebook message away!