Hello to my new readers from The Birmingham Home Show! Thanks for coming out this weekend! If you’re wanting to find out a little more about what I spoke about this weekend, you’ve come to the right place!
- Sunday Newspaper
I spent most of the presentation talking about digital coupons because coupon has taken a highly digital turn as of late. But if you want to truly maximize your savings, getting the coupons in the paper each week will help! How many papers should I get each week? I’ll tell you how many and WHY, here.
- Online – we always want to make sure we’re printing coupons from reputable sites that are giving us legitimate coupons and not going to harm our computers. Here’s where it is safe to print coupons:
- More places to get paper (non digital) coupons
Following your favorite brands on Facebook
Writing to companies
In store and on products – tearpads, blinkies and peelies (coupons on products)
In the mail by signing up through various programs
Coupons and Rebate Apps:
- SavingStar – works with Winn-Dixie, CVS, Rite-Aid and others. Load offers to your store card and receive it as cash back after purchase
- Ibotta – works with CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Dollar General, Target, Publix, Walmart, Sam’s Club, Whole Foods and more! Scan your receipt and items after purchase and receive cash back (requires a smart phone)
- Checkout51 – works at ANY store. You can upload receipts via phone app or by taking a picture and uploading via your computer.
- Shopkick – works with Target and other retailers. There are mobile coupons to use as well as offers to earn points you can redeem for giftcards. This one requires a smartphone
- Receipt Hog – Receive points when you upload your shopping receipts and redeem your points for gift cards! Requires a smartphone.
- Fetch Rewards – simple, easy cash back! Works at any store. Scan receipts, get points, redeem for gift cards. Requires a smartphone. Be sure to put in NJ0MU (that’s a zero in the middle) when it asks for a referral code. You’ll get 1500 points which is halfway to a reward of a $3 gift card to Amazon, Target or CVS!
Store Specific Coupon Apps and Tips
Walmart – If you shop at Walmart at all, you need to get the Walmart Savings Catcher app! If you haven’t tried online grocery pickup yet, click here to get a code for $10 off your first order to save time and money!
Winn-Dixie – e-coupons can be loaded to your Winn-Dixie/SE Grocers Rewards card and will be deducted at the register. Cannot be stacked with manufacturer coupons, do not double and one per purchase
Publix – e-coupons add the coupons you want to your account. Enter your account number (phone number) at the register to receive a discount at time of purchase. Cannot be stacked with manufacturer coupons, do not double and one per purchase.
Publix also has in-store coupon flyers containing STORE coupons that can be stacked with other offers
Dollar General – e-coupons can be added to your account. Enter your account number (phone number) at the register to receive a discount at time of purchase. Cannot be stacked with manufacturer coupons and one per purchase
CVS – e-coupons available through the store app. Cannot be stacked with manufacturer coupons and one per purchase (unless otherwise specified)
Scan your Extra Care Card at the Magic Red Machine for store coupons!
Walgreens – e-coupons available through the store app. Cannot be stacked with manufacturer coupons and one per purchase (unless otherwise specified)
Pick up a monthly coupon book at the front of the store for store coupons!
Fred’s – Fred’s now has e-coupons!
Ready to start shopping? Click on a store name to see the current deals at that store!
CVS – Dollar General – Target – Walgreens – Walmart
Finally, here are some things I did not get to cover:
- I didn’t get into all the many ways to save on things besides groceries, like saving money when eating out, finding free things to do with the kids, finding samples or completely FREE things and saving money online by shopping at Amazon or getting cashback with Ebates on your online purchases.
- And speaking of Amazon, you can earn FREE money to spend at Amazon using sites like Swagbucks! (I earned over $100 last year from Swagbucks and I used it to buy Christmas gifts with!) Plus, you can check out all the ways I earn Amazon gift cards for FREE HERE.
I hope this will help you get started and if you ever need anything, I’m just an email, comment or Facebook message away!