I had a wonderful time speaking at another eCO Credit Union’s Savings Race seminar yesterday! I hope all of you that were in attendance are ready to save some money!
Here’s a recap of the things we talked about and be sure to read all the way to the end for more information I didn’t have time to cover.
To use coupons, you have to have coupons so we discussed all the many ways to get coupons.
- Sunday Newspaper
How many papers should I get each week?
- Online (I think I forgot to mention in class that coupons from the internet can be printed twice per computer. After you have printed a coupon once, you can go back a select it again and get an additional print. You can do this on every computer in your house so if you have more than one computer you can print up to 4 of each coupon!)
Following your favorite brands on Facebook
- All You Magazine
- Writing to companies
- In store and on products
tearpads, blinkies and peelies (coupons on products)
- In the mail by signing up through various programs. (One you need to check out it Kellogg’s Family Rewards!)
- FREE Samples! Free samples through the mail usually have coupons with them too! (Plus, not to mention, you just got something for FREE in the mail!)
Mobile and e-coupon programs:
works with Winn-Dixie, CVS, Rite-Aid and others
load offers to your store card and receive it as cash back after purchase
works with CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Dollar General, Target, Publix, Walmart, Sam’s Club, Whole Foods and more!
scan your receipt and items after purchase and receive cash back
requires a smart phone
- Checkout51 works at ANY store. You can upload receipts via phone app or by taking a picture and uploading via your computer.
- Snap by Groupon identical to Checkout51 above. Works at any store and can redeem via app or on your computer.
- Shopkick works with Target and other retailers. There are mobile coupons to use as well as offers to earn points you can redeem for giftcards. This one requires a smartphone
similar to Ibotta and Checkout51
find the app in your phone’s app store
use code MCACKKRG to get an extra freebie when you sign up!
- Target Mobile coupons by text and via the new Cartwheel program
- Receipt Hog Receive points when you upload your shopping receipts and redeem your points for gift cards!
- Winn-Dixie ecoupons
coupons you load to your store loyalty card to receive a discount at the time of purchase
cannot be stacked with manufacturer coupons
do not double
one per purchase
- Publix ecoupons
add the coupons you want to your account. enter your account number (phone number) at the register to receive a discount at time of purchase.
can NOT be used with your regular coupons. If you have a Publix ecoupon for $1 off Cheerios, when you enter your phone number at the register it will deduct the $1 – the register will not take a coupon for $1 off Cheeries after e-coupon has been applied. (The reverse is also true, if you give the paper coupon first the ecoupon will not deduct)
can not be doubled
one per purchase
Finally, here are some things I did not get to cover in class:
- I didn’t have time to talk about mail-in rebates, but they are a great way to save on your grocery bill! Read about how to get started with rebates or start finding rebate offers!
- I also didn’t get into all the many ways to save on things besides groceries, like saving money when eating out, finding free things to do with the kids, little tips to save on small things that add up, finding samples or completely FREE things and saving money online by shopping at Amazon or getting cashback with Ebates on your online purchases.
- And speaking of Amazon, you can earn FREE money to spend at Amazon using sites like Swagbucks! (I earned over $100 last year from Swagbucks and I used it to buy Christmas gifts with!)
- And don’t forget to sign up for the baby clubs at Winn-Dixie and Publix. Plus, read up many ways to get coupons, samples and save on baby needs in my baby savings series.
- And sign up for FREE magazines (yes, completely FREE) that contain coupons!
I hope this will help you get started and if you ever need anything, I’m just an email, comment or Facebook message away!