- The record for most people balancing books on their heads at the same place and time is 998 in Sydney, Australia, in 2012. (Source: Guinness World Records)
- People who read are two and a half times less likely to be diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. (Source: ABC News)
- Readers are more likely to do volunteer work, as well as vote, according to the National Education Association.
That’s a silly question – of course you NEED books! Here’s where you can shop for books on National Book Lovers’ Day!
I would be remiss if I didn’t remind you to check Amazon! I always check their prices FIRST on books that I’m not getting from one of my favorite used book sites. If I need it new I check Amazon first.
Plus, did you know that Amazon gives you POINTS when you buy BOOKS?
Here is how Kindle Rewards works:
- Earn Kindle Points. Get 3 points per dollar spent on Kindle books and 1 point per dollar spent on print books.
- Complete bonus offers. Get even more Kindle Points!
- Redeem for Kindle book credits. Get $3 to spend for every 300 points earned.
That sounds like a good reason to buy books from Amazon!
It’s back to school with BetterWorldBooks! Right now, save 25% off when you buy 4 or more in used books + FREE shipping! Use code SCHOOL23 thru September 5th! And their used book prices are SUPER low so you’re getting a steal when you take an additional 30% off!
Books-a-Million is celebrating Book Lovers Season with 35% off the best books of the year for a limited time!
Christianbook.com is having their BIG SUMMER BLOWOUT with thousands of items up to 90% off!