I love coffee and tea. Lattes and Macchiatos. I love caramel and hazelnut and of course, pumpkin spice. And I had a bit of accidental genius happen a few weeks ago.
I brewed a cup of chai tea one evening and grabbed the wrong bottle of honey. Before I realized it, I had squeezed a giant dollop of Mike’s Hot Honey in it, instead of regular honey. Well, as they say, c’est la vie. I drank it anyway.
And you know what, I wasn’t mad about it. It was DELICIOUS. So the next time I brewed chai, I on purpose put Mike’s Hot Honey in it.
So then, pumpkin spice season started and I picked up some Pumpkin Spice creamer for my coffee.
But one night, I thought, what would Pumpkin Spice taste like in chai?
And, what would Pumpkin Spice taste like in Chai with Hot Honey??
So, I did it.
I put a dollop of Hot Honey in my Chai and topped it off with Pumpkin Spice Creamer.
And I’m basically a barista now because nothing tops this drink on a fall evening.
But really, it’s so easy and it’s so good and you can totally make it from home.
Hot Honey Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea
- Choose your favorite Chai. I like Tazo. And if you can find the Tazo Vanilla Caramel Chai it REALLY elevates the drink.
- Brew a large mug of it. I like to do 12 ounces.
- Add a dollop of Hot Honey. I had some Mike’s Hot Honey sitting around I had picked up at the store on sale. It’s a bit pricey online but I did find Nature Nate’s Hot Honey on Amazon – a larger bottle for less than Mike’s. When I need to replenish my supply, I will likely try the Nate’s.
- Stir the tea to dissolve the honey.
- Add your favorite Pumpkin Spice cream.
- Stir and enjoy hot!