My 2021 garden is off to a great start. I learned some things from my 2020 garden. And I learned a lot of things from books … who knew, right?
I recently gave away a copy of The First-time Gardener: Growing Vegetables.
If you didn’t win the giveaway, I have good news! The First-time Gardener: Growing Vegetables. is deeply discounted on Amazon right now – just $12.99! That’s $14 off regular price!
Homesteader Jessica Sowards, the warm and energetic host of YouTube’s Roots and Refuge Farm, is the perfect teacher for new gardeners, offering not just know-how but inspiration and time-management tips for success.
Before you sink your hands into the soil, she’ll answer all those questions rolling around inside your head:
- Where do I put my new garden?
- How do I prepare the soil?
- What vegetables should I plant?
- Is it better to start new plants from seed or should I buy transplants?
- What about watering, feeding, and taking care of my garden?
- What do I do if bugs show up?
There are no stupid questions here. Everyone has to start somewhere, after all. Not only will you learn how to prepare, plant, and tend your first vegetable garden, you’ll also learn:
- How to design an eco-friendly layout
- How to grow with the seasons
- How to maximize your harvest, even if you only grow in a small space
Jessica wants your first food-growing experience to be a positive one, and she’s prepared to go the distance to make sure tending the earth becomes your new favorite hobby.