Looking for something fun for the kids this summer? Do you live within day-trip range of Atlanta? Then you need to check out the LEGOLAND Disovery Center Atlanta!
I have some tips for LEGOLAND Discovery Center before you go. And keep reading to the end of the post and I’ll tell you how to save $5 off your LEGOLAND Discovery Center tickets!
Before you go, here are 7 tips for LEGOLAND Discovery Center Atlanta:
1. You’ll start your LEGOLAND Discovery Center adventure but going through the “LEGO Factory” and seeing how bricks are made and learn some cool LEGO facts! Don’t fly through this part because once you exit, you can’t get back into this area. You can go around the whole center and see every thing you want to see multiple times, except for the factory entrance.
2. Plan your day around lunch. The LEGOLAND Discover Center is located on the third floor of the Phipps Plaza mall. There is a food court right outside the Discovery Center with a Johnny Rockets, Subway and Moe’s. There is also food service counter inside the Discovery Center. You cannot bring outside food into the Discovery Center and you cannot LEAVE the Discovery Center and come back in. So unless you want to pay the higher prices for so-so food inside the Discovery Center, I would plan for lunch in the food court either before or after your time at the Discovery Center. So you’ll need to time it right.
3. There are areas for even the littlest LEGO fans to play so don’t be afraid to bring along the whole family! The toddler play area is enclosed with seating so you can sit and watch the little ones play freely without worrying that they’ll wander off.
And even the LEGO Friends house has one enter/exit point so you can let littles play safely. The enter area has a clear line of site to the LEGO race car building and race challenge area so you can let the bigger kids enjoy that and you can keep an eye on everyone.
The new Pirate Adventure Island adds even more fun for multi-ages!
The bigger kids can explore the play structure and you can monitor little ones in the water-play area. (picture below). The pirate adventure area has one enter/exit point (and you have to pass the water play area to get there) so you can be assured that the older kids won’t get past you and wander off while you’re watching the little ones.
4. LEGO enthusiasts of all ages will enjoy the skill and detail of MINILAND Atlanta! Take time to admire the detail of the recreated Atlanta landmarks like the Georgia Aquarium, Varsity, The Westin and much more!
Look for buttons around the display that will make features light up, move, make sound, etc.
And don’t forget to look for funny additions here and there! Sometimes superheroes or Ninjago or other LEGO creations have “taken over” or are hiding around Miniland.
5. You can trade Minifigures with staff members at the Discovery Center just like you can at LEGO stores and LEGOLAND theme parks! All Minifigures for trading must be in a complete form including: hair or hat, head, body and legs. Once you see a LEGO Minifigure that you must have, simply walk up to a staff member and ask to trade. It is as simple as that!
6. Spend the extra $5 for the activity pack and lanyard. There are stamp stations around the Discover Center to stamp your activity passport. And before you exit you can stop and get a pin for your lanyard for completing the pack. Bring your lanyard back on future visits and get more pins! As far as souvenirs go, it’s really cheap!
7. Remember, this is ATLANTA. Factor that into your plan when you are deciding on drive times, arrival times, etc. It’s great that it’s at the Phipps plaza for parking purposes. We always find great parking. Park near the AMC theater entrance and enter there and take the escalators straight up to the third floor. If you choose to park in the parking deck, the closest spots are in Monarch Court.
Did I miss any tips for LEGOLAND Discovery Center that you would suggest?
With over 2 million LEGO bricks under one roof, LEGOLAND Discovery Center Atlanta is a LEGO lover’s dream! Come share our world of color, creativity and family entertainment. Bring your mateys and race your own pirate ship on our aquatic table at NEW Pirate Adventure Island! Come ride Merlin’s Apprentice and Kingdom Quest! Don’t forget to check out local Atlanta landmarks in our MINILAND and learn new building tricks in our Model Builder Academy. Don’t forget to check out one of our five 4D movies, including NEW The LEGO Movie 4D: A New Adventure! It’s the ultimate place for LEGO fans young and old!
And you’re in luck because I have a $5 off admission coupon for you!
Details: This coupon entitles the bearer to $5 off one (1) walk-up full price admission ticket. Not valid with any other discounts, coupons or offers, and cannot be used with online or prebooked tickets. Only one coupon per transaction. Printed coupon must be surrendered upon purchase. No cash value.
Need an Atlanta-area hotel? Check out Hotels.com for discount hotel stays!