My mail carrier and UPS and FedEx carriers work hard all year long because I get a ridiculous amount of mail and packages. It’s one of the side effects from working from home.
But ESPECIALLY this time of the year, they work EVEN harder. I do 90% of my Christmas shopping online… on top of my regular online shopping (thanks to services like Amazon Prime Pantry and Subscribe & Save).
So I wanted to do something to say thank you. I rarely see these people face to face though. And I don’t really want to be that weird lady that gets a lot of packages AND chases after the delivery guy waving a bottle of water after him.
A Gratitude Basket on the Porch with a simple note!
Now they can grab a drink, snack or treat when they have to drop a package on the porch!
It’s cool enough here right now that water and canned drinks will stay at a drinkable temperature. But I avoided anything chocolate because the porch does get some afternoon sun – regardless of the temperature outside.
Ideas to put in a mail carrier gratitude basket:
- Canned Sodas
- Bottled Water
- Single Serve Bags of Chips/Popcorn
- Snack Packs of Crackers
- Trail Mix Packs
- Single Serve Beef Jerky Sticks
- Granola Bars or Cereal Bars
- Hard Candy (peppermints, butterscotch)
- anything you have lying around that won’t spoil or melt that is individually packaged!
- Bring your basket in at night.
- Don’t put canned sodas in it if it’s going to be below freezing.
- Don’t include chocolate.
- Don’t put homemade goods or unsealed goods (i.e. don’t take chips out of a big bag and put in individual baggies)
Remember to print your sign here to add to the basket.