I was reading some coupon facts, and one stated that 96% of couponers said that they’d continue to coupon even if they won the lottery! I’d be one of the 96%, would you?
Here are some more fun coupon facts:
- Shoppers saved more than $3 billion last year by using coupons.
- 79.8% of consumers regularly shopped with coupons in 2012, compared to 63.6% during pre-recession 2007.
- 2.9 billion coupons were redeemed in 2012, saving consumers a collective $800 million in discounts.
- Over 50% of the Sunday newspapers are purchased for the coupons
- More than one in three male shoppers is shopping multiple stores in order to find the lowest price on needed items.
- The age group using coupons the most is the 35-44 year old group – 81.5% use coupons!
- The income group that uses the most coupons is $50,000 – $76,000 – at 81.7%!
- Households earning over $100,000 annually are twice as likely to coupon than families who make under $35,000 annually.
- 43.9% of coupons redeemed in 2012 were from free-standing inserts, compared to 88% over 20 years ago. Showing an increase in the use of printable and mobile coupons.
- In 2012, 80% of consumers indicated they “feel smarter” when they use coupons.
Find more printable coupons!
Looking for a specific coupon? Check out the searchable coupon database to search for coupons by product or store!