Monday’s Money Saving Recipe – Versatile Cheese Dip
Perfect for a snack, a party or a meal!
My money-saving recipe for today is actually cheese dip. It’s great for a snack but there are also several ways to make it a cheap meal:
- 1 large loaf of cheese
- 2 cans Rotel (or any brand of diced tomatoes with onions and green chilies)
- 3/4 – 1 lb ground beef (optional)
Cut cheese loaf up into large cubes and put in slow cooker on high. Add Rotel.
Brown and crumble hamburger meat. Drain grease. Add to slow cooker.
Continue cooking on high, stirring as needed until cheese is completely melted.
Serve poured over tortilla chips.
Here’s how to make it versatile:
- make it with the ground beef meat and serve it over chips with a side of Spanish rice or refried beans
- top your chips and dip with lettuce, sour cream and jalepenos for some rockin’ nachos!
- make it without the hamburger meat and serve over hot dogs with chili sauce for Chili Cheese hotdogs
- serve this with a can of Hormel chili and put both over the chips for Chili Cheese Nachos!
I LOVE versatile recipes!! :)