This week’s recipe is Rotisserie Chicken by Leandrea at Coupons Are Great that is a perfect for multiple meals! Cook the chicken for one meal and use the leftovers for Chicken Pot Pie, Chicken Pizza, Chicken Salad and more! A great way to plan meals during the week. Prep time should be about 20 minutes and will cook for six hours on low.
Thanks to The Centsible Family for each week’s showcase!
- One whole Chicken
- Lawry’s Seasoning (or any chicken/rotisserie seasoning)
- Carrots (optional)
- Wash potatoes and cover in foil. Place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Rinse chicken and cover with Lawry’s/seasoning
- Place chicken on top of potatoes (and baby carrots/cut up carrots if you wish). You don’t want the chicken to touch the bottom of the slow cooker and propping it on the potatoes is an easy way to do this.
- Cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low
When you are done eating your delectable chicken you can save the chicken remnants and turn it in to chicken broth very easily! Add the leftover bones, salt, pepper, celery, onions, and carrots to a pot of water. Bring to a boil and then reduce head to a simmer. Simmer uncovered for 3 to 4 hours. Skim the fat/gunk from the top several times.
Want more recipes? Check out Better Homes and Gardens The Ultimate Slow Cooker Book (more than 400 recipes), Crock Pot Cookbook: 440 Slow Cooker Recipes or Gooseberry Patch Slow Cooking Cooklet for more recipes.
Are you in need of a slow cooker or crock pot for this recipe? Amazon has Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel or Cuisinart PSC-350 3-1/2-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker available with free shipping.