Laura at A Frugal Chick is sharing this recipe with us today! I love it because it uses mostly stockpiled ingredients (and when you’re cooking from your stockpile, you are saving money!) And I love it because it uses your slow cooker (and using your slow cooker saves money too!)
Slow-Cooker Chunky Chicken Chili
Here are the ingredients you need:
– 1 can (15 oz.) dark red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
– 1 can Light red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
– One regular sized jar Mild Salsa (can use just half)
– No-salt-added tomato sauce (smallest can in the store)
– 2 Tbsp. chili powder
– 1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
– 1 onion (chopped)
– 1 cup frozen corn
– 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice (optional- I think it tastes great without it)
Mix beans, salsa, tomato sauce and chili powder in your slow cooker. Although this is easy to cook, a crock pot liner will help to make easier clean up.
Top with uncooked chicken, onions and corn (I have also added other veggies if you want to experiment). DO NOT MIX!
Cover with lid and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH 4 to 5 hours.
When I watch it, I know it’s finished cooking when the chicken on the top is cooked all the way through. It makes my house smell amazing!
Top with cheese when you serve if you would like!
Laura got this recipe from Kraft but made some modifications. If you would like to compare her recipe to the original, visit her post here.