I told you how I was saving Swagbucks so I could pay for Christmas gifts with Amazon giftcards. But that’s not the only way to save money on Christmas gifts.
- Daily Deal Sites – You can find deep discounts and retailers (both in store and online). You can use these discounts to purchase gifts. (For example, when Old Navy had a Groupon that was $20 worth of merchandise for $10 – you could’ve purchased it and spent it on Christmas gifts. Getting $20 worth of gifts for $10!) Daily deal sites often offer credits for new sign ups that you can use on your first deal and credits for referring your friends. So if you refer 2 friends and earn $10 in credit then a deal comes along for $10 – you’ll get it for free!
Here are some daily deal sites to check out: Groupon Eversave Plum District SaveMore Living Social You’ll need to sign up so you will receive deal alerts right to your inbox!
- Start shopping now! Keep a list of who you need to buy for with you so when you find the perfect gift at the perfect price you can get it and then mark that person off the list. Target, Walmart and other stores start clearancing their toys at the end of summer to make way for Christmas stock. Buy now and save big!
- Earn Gift Cards to use on gifts. Swagbucks is one way to get Amazon giftcards. You can also use MyPoints to earn gift cards at other retailers.
- Sign up for survey sites and take surveys for cash. You can put the cash you make into your Christmas fund!
- Shop with cash back! Before you make a purchase online, find out if the retailer participates in Ebates! Make your purchases through your Ebates link and you’ll earn cash back!