Here’s some tips for stretching and saving on food:
- Whip store bought canned frosting with your mixer for a few minutes. You can double the amount of frosting and ice twice as much with it. (Plus it saves on calories as you would cosume less per cupcake/piece of cake!!)
- Wrap your celery in aluminum foil before placing it in the crisper. It’ll keep for weeks!
- Buy produce in bulk when it’s on sale. Chop it up and freeze it before it goes bad. This is good for squash, carrots, bell peppers, celery, strawberries and blueberries (don’t chop the blueberries)
- For mild to moderate freezer burn on frozen meat soak in cold water for a couple hours. This will rehydrate the meat and defrost it.
- Make your own homemade breadcrumbs. It saves money by not buying the store bought kind and also saves money and prevents waste because you use up any bread you have that may be past it’s prime for use for sandwiches and such.
Do you have frugal food tips? Please share! :) You can comment below or link to your frugal food tips on your blog using the linky!