Kid’s can earn a FREE book this summer from Barnes and Noble from May 17 to September 6, 2016, with the Summer Reading Triathalon!
Visit Barnes and Noble summer reading program to download and print a reading journal. Fill out the student information on the first page of the journal. A parent must sign on this page in order for the child to get a free book.
- What book made you read faster than ever before?
- What is the longest book you’ve ever read?
- In which series have you read the most books?
- What book made you stretch your imagination the most?
So from what I am understanding, the four questions can be answered about any book read in the past. They’re not actually required to read any NEW books. I am disappointed in this new format. But a free book is a free book!
Bring the completed and signed reading journal into your local Barnes and Noble book store between May 17, 2016 and September 6, 2016. Present it to an employee and they will let your child choose a book from the free book list.
There’s a wide variety of free books available for kids from the Barnes and Noble summer reading program.
Children in grades 1 & 2 are eligible to receive one of the following books:
- Detective Camp (A to Z Mysteries Super Edition #1)
- DK Readers Level 1: Jungle Animals
- Dr. Seuss: The Great Doodler
- Jorge el Curioso: El pueto de limonada
- Mercy Watson to the Rescue (Mercy Watson Series #1)
- Pet the Cat: Scuba-Cat
- Pinkalicious and Planet Pink
- Stowaway! (Puppy Pirates Series #1)
- The Thrills and Chills of Amusement Parks
Kids that are in grades 3 & 4 can pick out one of these books:
- The Bell Bandit (The Lemonade War Series #3)
- Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library
- I Survived the Shark Attacks of 1916 (I Survive Series #2)
- Justice League vs. Bizarro League (LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes Series)
- My Big Fat Zombie Goldfish
- Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great
- Stuart Little
Those children that are in grades 5 & 6 can choose from this list of books:
- The Bravest Princess
- Esperanza renace
- Lea Dives In
- The Night Gardener
- President of the Whole Fifth Grade
- Story Thieves (Story Thieves Series #1)
- Travel Team
Summer Reading Program is for Grades 1st-6th. Last summer was Bug’s first year to be able to do it. He picked the Wild Kratts Sharks book. He has read it over and over again! (The picture above is from last year’s book selection – check the list above to see this year’s selection!)
If your child is participating in a Summer Reading Program at the local library, you can log eight of the books they read there into the Barnes and Noble log!