The Thrifty Things has found this deliciously frugal chocolate truffle recipe! (Yes, delicious and frugal CAN be in the same sentence!) There are three ingredients in this recipe and all of them go on sale and can be picked up for cheap/free after coupons!
With the holidays approaching these would make great gifts or treats for Holiday parties.
1. Break 8 ounces of chocolate bars into pieces and place in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring after 45 seconds.
2. Beat cream cheese on low speed until fluffy. Mix in melted chocolate and nuts.
3. Place in freezer for 15 minutes or until firm.
4. Shape chocolate mixture into balls and return to freezer for 30 minutes.
5. Melt remaining chocolate. Using a toothpick, dip balls into melted chocolate until coated. You can decorate these with sprinkles, nuts, or chocolate shavings if desired.
6. Store in fridge. These are easy and delicious!
For more recipes like this visit The Thrifty Things
Photo Credit for Truffle courtesy of Wilton.