Want to save money at Target? They are doing their best to make it easy! First you need to familiarize yourself with their coupon policy:
Coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping with us, and it’s easy to use them at our stores. When accepting coupons, we follow the guidelines below.
Target stores coupon policy
Manufacturer and Target Coupons:
- Target accepts one Manufacturer Coupon and one Target Coupon for the same item (unless prohibited by either coupon).
- We reserve the right to accept, refuse, or limit the use of any coupon.
- Limit of 4 identical coupons per household, per day (unless otherwise noted on coupon).
- All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier during checkout.
- Item purchased must match the coupon description (brand, size, quantity, color, flavor, etc.).
- Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.
- We can’t give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item.
- All applicable sales taxes are paid by the guest at the full value of the item.
- These guidelines apply to all coupons accepted at Target (Color Checkout Coupons, Internet Coupons, Mobile Coupons, Mailed Coupons, Coupons from Newspapers and Magazines, etc.).
Internet (Print-at-Home) Coupons:
- We gladly accept valid internet coupons that contain a clear and scannable bar code.
- We do not accept internet coupons for free items with no purchase requirements.
- Guests can receive Target Mobile Coupons by signing up for Text Alerts at Target.com/mobile or by texting COUPONS to 827438 (TARGET).
Category/Department and Storewide Coupons:
- If redeeming more than one category/department or storewide coupon, you must meet the purchase requirements for each coupon individually.
- If redeeming a category/department coupon plus a storewide coupon, you must meet the purchase requirements for each coupon individually.
- Percent off coupons will apply to all qualifying items in the transaction. No other same category/department or storewide coupon will apply.
Buy One Get One Free Coupons (BOGO):
- BOGO coupons cannot be combined (i.e. you cannot use two BOGO coupons on two items and get both for free). Unless stated otherwise on the coupon, the use of one Buy One Get One Free coupon requires that two of the valid items are presented at checkout of which one item will be charged to the guest and the 2nd item will be discounted by its full retail price.
- A second cents-off coupon of the same type cannot be redeemed towards the purchase price of the first item.
- If a Target BOGO coupon is used, one additional manufacturer coupon may be used on the first item.
- If a Manufacturer BOGO coupon is used, one additional Target coupon may be used on the first item.
More clarifications (updated October 2014)
- One coupon per purchase means you’re using one coupon per item being purchased. You can use multiples of the same coupon as long as each coupon has a matching item.
- One coupon per transaction means you can use only one specific coupon per store transaction. You can’t use more than one same coupon, even if you’re buying multiple items.
- If a coupon states “Manufacturer Coupon,” it’s redeemable anywhere (including Target), even if the coupon states, “Redeemable at Kroger, Cub, etc.” (or any other retailer).
- Your internet printable coupons will be accepted if they are valid Internet coupons and contain a clear and scannable bar code. Target does not accept Internet coupons for free items that don’t include specific purchase requirements.
And here are more ways to save at Target:
- Sign up and receive Target’s email newsletter and be first to know about new arrivals, exclusive offers and top promotions.
- While you’re on the Target website, be sure to print Target coupons
- Check out Target’s Sample Spot for FREE samples!
- Make sure you’re using Target’s Cartwheel program to save even more!
- Sign up for mobile coupons by text message from Target. Text OFFERS to 827438 to get started.
- Join Shopkick for MORE Target coupons and to earn points for scanning items and just walking in the door to Target! Redeem your points for Target gift cards!
- Target is also a participating retailer of Ibotta – earning you cashback on groceries! You can redeem Ibotta offers there including some Target specific bonuses!
- You can also use the new Checkout51 cashback app at Target too!