April 2, 2017, is National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day!
Now, a basic PB&J sandwich is great but if you want to venture out a little on your PB&J day celebration check out these yummy recipes!
PB&J Acai Smoothie Bowl
- 2 frozen acai smoothie packs
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup Sparkling Ice Blueberry Pomegranate
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 ½ teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons blueberries or raspberries
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds,
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (almond butter works too), melted on top
- In blender, add smoothie ingredients
- Cover and blend on HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes, until consistency of thick smoothie.
- Pour into cereal bowl and top with your favorite combination of toppings.
- Customize your bowl with your favorite combination of toppings listed above, arranged in rows or a fun pattern. Serve.
** Tip: Instead of fresh, use frozen berries and bananas to give more frozen texture. Other toppings suggestions include granola or dry cereal.
Sparkling Ice Grape Raspberry Jelly
Ingredients (Makes 4 Cups)
- 4 (8 oz.) Jelly Jars with lids and screw bands
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (17 oz) bottle of Sparkling Ice Grape Raspberry
- 1 (6 oz) box of raspberry-flavored gelatin
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Wash jars, lids and screw bands in hot water until it’s well rinsed then set aside
- Combine the raspberries, sugar, and Sparkling Ice Grape Raspberry in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved (2 minutes). Reduce heat to medium and continue to boil, stirring occasionally until the mixture begins to thicken (20 minutes). Reduce heat to low, stir in the gelatin and lemon juice and stir until the gelatin is dissolved (1 minute). Then remove from the heat and skim off any foam.
- Ladle the jam into the prepared jars, leaving 1/4 inch of headspace. Remove any air bubbles and adjust the headspace if necessary. Wipe rims clean and tightly seal with lids.
- Process the jars in a boiling water bath (15 minutes). Transfer the jars to a rimmed baking sheet lined with a kitchen towel. Let cool to room temperature (8 hours). Store in refrigerator up to 4 weeks or transfer to freezer container for up to 3 months.