To keep this blog going I often recieve product or payment for posts or include advertising links in my posts, but this does not change the integrity of my writing or influence my opinions.

Why Use Essential Oils?

by Tabitha @ Saving Toward A Better Life on January 21, 2015 · 24 comments

in All,Health,Young Living Essential Oils

whyuseeosOne of my New Year’s Resolution is to take charge of my family’s health and well being.  I’ve become increasingly aware of “modern medicine”, “big pharmaceutical” and the roles government plays in those things.  And being the skeptic that I am, I never feel like the government has the every day persons best interest in mind.  And really, should we be pumping our bodies full of synthetic substances if there is a better option available?

Now, I’m not against going to the doctor, or medicines and I don’t believe that all modern advances in medicine are bad.  Yes, my child is vaccinated; yes, he gets the flu mist every year.  If he’s sick, if I’m sick, we go to the doctor.  If I have another baby, I will have it in a hospital, just like I had him.

BUT there are times that I think, what could we have done to prevent this trip to the doctor?  Not gotten sick in the first place?  Had better treatment options at home?

Or what happens if one of us gets sick or hurt and we are not able to seek medical treatment – like perhaps in the the event of a natural disaster?

So I started researching, I dug a little deeper than the emergency preparedness articles that tell you to store up canned goods, bottled water, first aid supplies and a month of your necessary medications.  We do all that, but I just felt like it wasn’t enough.  What if we had a need that reached beyond that?

The answer kept coming up as Essential Oils.

I know a lot of people think that it’s a bunch of hocus pocus, old wives tales’, or outdated practices.  But I feel like when God created the world he put things in place to meet our needs.  Philippians 4:19 even says, “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”

It doesn’t say, “God will supply all your needs when modern medicine catches up….”

It doesn’t say, “Doctors will supply all your needs….”

For thousands of years people were taking care of the sick and injured with things they grew in their backyard.  I believe God intended for us to use the resources he put on the earth.  Medical advances are great but they may not be the best.  And they shouldn’t always be our front line.  If using Thieves oil keeps us from getting sick, then we should use that first.  If Lavender oil and Purification oil help an infected cut, burn, sore or bug bite, we should use that instead of running to the doctor for antibiotic cream.  If Frankincense can remove skin tags, why go to the doctor to have them removed?    If I can make a facial moisturizer out of coconut oil and Frankincense, why should I keep buying creams full of ingredients I can’t pronounce?  If I can find relief from my seasonal allergies with a blend of oils, wouldn’t that be better than ingesting synthetic medicine?  To me it just makes sense to keep on hand at home a myriad of things for our family’s health and well being.   Plus, if I can treat it at home, I’ve saved time and money.

Now, navigating the world of oils and what they are good for is tough because the FDA (government controlled entity) puts limits on what users of oils can say about the oils.  (This is the same government entity that won’t validate claims that vitamin supplements are good for you!)  This is another reason I distrust the government – they push for synthetic medical research and try to censor those who are using (and having success with!) natural remedies.  So forgive me if I have to walk on eggshells but I have to be careful about what I say about the oils so I don’t get in trouble.  But I will be telling you all about them!

Starting with How to Get Started with Young Living Essential Oils which you can read here.  You may be asking, why Young Living out of all the other oil companies out there?   Young Living sets the standard for purity and authenticity. Young Living has a “seed-to-seal” process that means they carefully monitor every step of the production of the oils from beginning to end, ensuring the purity of each essential oil and protecting nature’s living energy in every bottle. This unsurpassed commitment to quality means that you can be confident that Young Living essential oils are both safe and effective.

Have questions?  Use the contact form to reach me!

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Subject
Young Living Essential Oils

Your Message

Are you an oil user or skeptic?  I would love to hear from you!  Feel free to comment below!

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

{ 23 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Kat June 9, 2015 at 5:12 pm

I have been meaning to try essential oils so I appreciate this post. Thanks! Gonna give it a try now!

2 CMC June 9, 2015 at 8:43 pm

I am an oil user! I use oils for myself and for my dogs. It makes me feel better knowing that I am doing something healthy for all of us!

3 Joyce Baker June 10, 2015 at 2:00 pm

I’ve never used essential oils. You never know, they just might be worth investigating.

4 Dagmar Moretti June 10, 2015 at 2:43 pm

I know that essential oils are a good use for different sicknesses and pains instead of using medicine

5 Patricia Hoffmeister June 10, 2015 at 3:34 pm

I have a friend who swears by essential oils. Guess I need to try it.

6 Angelica Pickney June 10, 2015 at 4:06 pm

I love using natural products.

7 Ivette Chiong June 10, 2015 at 4:12 pm

I have started to come to some of the same conclusions! Thanks for the article

8 Michele As June 10, 2015 at 8:47 pm

I’m just starting to learn about essential oils and at present, I only have 1 which is Lavender. I have not used it yet though. I enter contests to try to win essential oils because right now we are watching all our pennies and I can’t put essential oils in the “extremely necessary” items. So far, I haven’t been able to win any. I keep hearing so many wonderful things about essential oils that I want to get into using them! Thanks for sharing your review on Why Use Essential Oils? I really enjoyed reading it! Thanks again, Michele :)

9 Tabitha @ Saving Toward A Better Life June 10, 2015 at 9:29 pm

I understand about not being able to purchase them right now. I had wanted to order my premium starter kit for months before I could finally get it. I hope you win some. Although, I would research the brands your entering for. I truly only trust Young Living because of their seed to seal promise. They’re the only company that grows their own plants (which means they are 100% certain no pesticides were used on them).
I’m hoping I can give away some oils in the future. So make sure you follow the blog!
And when you’re ready to purchase, please come back and let me know. I’d be happy to walk you through it. You can order individual oils without getting the Premium Starter kit first – although it’s a great value and it makes you a wholesale customer and eligible for 24% off the regular retail prices of the oils.

10 wendy c g June 10, 2015 at 11:05 pm

I’m new to them, just started using them to help my kids sleep.

11 Wendy B. June 11, 2015 at 10:46 am

I have terrible headaches, & I have other friends who use essential oils to help with that. I need to learn more about what to use.

12 David Fultner June 11, 2015 at 9:33 pm

I think these would be great in a bath.

13 Michele As June 12, 2015 at 1:38 am

14 Betsy Barnes June 12, 2015 at 6:04 pm

I need to check into this, my mom loves essential oils. It is a very interesting subject which I have heard many different things. :)

15 Robin Abrams June 13, 2015 at 8:32 am

I am interested in trying the essential oils. I have been reading up on them alot lately.

16 Robin Abrams June 15, 2015 at 2:44 pm

I have not tried the oils yet but I would love to

17 lisa June 18, 2015 at 12:40 pm

I’ve read that oils can be used for many things. It’s supposed to be calming.

18 Brandi Dawn June 20, 2015 at 2:09 pm

We use oils in our home too. Every week I am finding a new use for them!

19 denise low June 21, 2015 at 5:19 pm

Thank you for the information. I would love to try these out.

20 Sarah L June 27, 2015 at 4:36 pm

I use essential oils every day. Love them.

21 Sarah L June 28, 2015 at 8:00 pm

Use them in my diffuser.

22 Laurie Nykaza June 28, 2015 at 8:01 pm

I would love to try these oils. I had won a dispenser so I will have to try some of the scents that you pointed out they sound amazing to use.

23 Jerry Marquardt June 29, 2015 at 3:15 pm

I am going to check into using these in a diffuser. Thanks for the great advice.

{ 1 trackback }