Walmart is bringing their layaway back again for the 2012 Holiday Shopping Season. There are still many restrictions like last year but there are a few changes.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Starting a month earlier this year. Put your items on layaway starting 9/16. (9/14 if you find your local Walmart store on Facebook , “like” them and sign up.)
- More categories/items eligible for layaway this year. Includes small home appliances and select sporting goods such as basketball goals, trampolines and large exercise equipment. Customers can also use layaway for a broad selection of electronics, toys and jewelry.
- Open fee of $15 is refunded (on a Walmart gift card) when your final payment is made.
- A down payment of 10 percent or $10, whichever is greater, is required and is applied to the purchase.
- Individual items must be priced $15 or more, and the total layaway purchase must be at least $50.
- If the order is cancelled or not paid in full, the open fee is not refunded; however, no additional cancellation fee will be charged.
Find more hot Christmas shopping deals!
Thanks Birmingham Bargain Mom!