Here’s our weekly kid’s craft from Momondealz! In honor of Armed Services Day today (May 19th) here’s a thank you craft even the smallest hands can make!
Military Thank You Bookmarks
I was told that soldiers overseas read a lot so I thought it would be nice to make some bookmarks that could help them keep their place while reading!
1. Cut out bookmarks from white or colored card stock.
2. Have your child color and decorate them, including a “Thank You” Message.
3. Cover the completed book marks with Mod Podge to protect the homemade gifts.
- Language Arts: Have your child create thank you cards to go with the bookmarks.
- Science: Discuss magnets and their properties. Then create a magnetic picture frame to honor a soldier your family knows.
- Create A Care Package: Include the book mark and other needed items for the soldier. Some frequently requested items are deodorant, snack mixes, ziploc bags, toothpaste, toothbrushes, sunscreen, phone cards, etc.