Have you heard of Weaver? Weaver makes delicious, quality chicken nuggets that you can feel good about feeding your family. With busy schedules and all members of the family being pulled in different directions, sometimes it’s hard to get everyone around the table for dinner and sometimes it hard for us moms to pull off a big meal that takes so much time.
Sitting down together for dinner was a priority in my house growing up and I am trying to make it a priority in our home now. But with a husband that works several nights a week, sometimes it’s just me and Bug around the table. And well, it’s hard to want to pull out all the stops for dinner when it’s just you and a three year old. :)
Chicken nuggets are a staple of his diet right now (I think it comes from being three) so I was delighted to have the opportunity to review Weaver chicken nuggets! You can find Weaver chicken nuggets at Super Centers nationwide and key retailers such as Walmart, Wakefern, Kroger and Winn Dixie. Look for them in the freezer section. I found them at Walmart and a 15ct bag was ONLY $1.98!
I prepared them for us the other night with some of Bug’s other all-important staples (read: the only things he’ll eat on any given night). He gobbled them up and asked for more which he doesn’t usually do!)
I was pleased with them too. They were crispy, crunchy on the outside and juicy on the inside. They had a great taste. I can think of a more expensive brand we’ve had that wasn’t as good. They are budget friendly and quick to make! And with all the time you save by serving Weaver chicken nuggets to the family you’ll have extra time to try some of these family-friendly fun ideas after dinner from professional chef, author and mother-of-two, Maureen Petrosky:
- Go camping indoors. The rule: no lights, phones or computers from dusk to dawn. Drape the couch and chairs with sheets for a makeshift tent. Put your sleeping bags on the floor, grab your flashlights, and share your best ghost stories.
- Start a dance party. A great way to have some fun with your family is to get everyone dancing. Turn off the TV and turn on some good tunes. Make homemade trophies and prizes to give to the winners. Create special categories for best moves, best spins, most creative, most enthusiastic dancer.
- Turn chore time into an a-maze-ing race. In ten minutes, you can create an indoor maze, complete with clues to take your family on an at-home adventure. Incorporate simple chores like putting away laundry, cleaning under the bed, or setting the table. The final reward can be their favorite dinner or an extra bedtime story.
Weaver Chicken has offered one lucky reader ONE MONTH of FREE chicken nuggets! The prize comes as four coupons for a FREE bag of Weaver Chicken Nuggets!
To enter to win:
- Leave a comment telling us what your favorite indoor family activity is!
Bonus entries (optional – may complete one or more after first comment is left):
- Like Weaver Chicken on Facebook
- Like Saving Toward A Better Life on Facebook
- Like Stretching Your Budget on Facebook
- Like Madame Deals on Facebook
Your comment IS your entry so be sure to leave separate comments for every entry you complete. Giveaway ends
1/25/12 2/10/12 at 10pm CST.
I was supplied with coupons for free bags of Weaver Chicken Nuggets for the purpose of this review. This in no way affected my review. All opinions are my own.