This week’s slow cooker showcase recipe is Corn Chowder by Mackenzie at The Centsible Family that is a New England classic and great for a chilly winter night!
I love that it’s a slow cooker recipe and also that it can be considered a stockpile recipe because the ingredients are basic and you probably have them all on hand right now! And any time you are cooking from your stockpile, you’re saving money!
- 2 cans (16 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 to 3 medium potatoes, finely chopped
- 2 oz of heat and serve bacon
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups whole milk or half & half
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Combine first 5 ingredients in slow cooker and add pepper and/or salt to taste. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Stir in milk and butter; cover and cook on HIGH about 30 to 60 minutes longer.
Are you in need of a slow cooker or crock pot for this recipe? Amazon has Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel or Cuisinart PSC-350 3-1/2-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker available with free shipping. In addition Walmart has with free shipping to store.