Using your slow cooker is a great way to save time and money!
Here’s a perfect recipe for the upcoming fall and winter weather: Chicken and Dumplings. YUM!
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium white sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)**
- 2 cups whole baby carrots
- 2 stalks celery, sliced (about 1 cup)**
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. dried oregano**
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- Place the chicken, potatoes, carrots and celery into a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Stir the soup, water, oregano and black pepper in a small bowl. Pour the soup mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours* or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir the baking mix and milk in a medium bowl. Drop the batter by spoonfuls onto the chicken mixture. Increase the heat to HIGH. Tilt the lid to vent and cook for 30 minutes or until the dumplings are cooked in the center.
*Or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
Recipe Credit: Recipe.com
** Substituted White Sweet Potatoes for Yukon Gold Potatoes and Oregano for Thyme as these were what I had on hand.
**One thing to note is I put more celery and potatoes in then called for so I had to add more water to the pot in order for it to not be a large mess. Good rule of thumb is to keep the water level at 2/3 of the pot if it’s a soup or stew.
Thanks The Centsible Family!