Each week, MomOnDealz gives us a craft idea that is fun, educational, and frugal! Lacing activities are excellent ways to improve fine motor skills and kids love them!
Fall Lacing Fun
Cardstock, Poster board, or Paper
Single Hole Punch
Pencil, Crayons, Other Decorating Items
1. Draw and cut out desired fall shape (football, leaf, apple, pumpkin, leaf, ear of corn, acorn, etc).
2. Punch holes around the edge of shape about 1 inch from the side and 1 inch spaced apart.
3. Wrap tape around each end of your ribbon to help make the activity easier.
4. Have your child lace the ribbon through the holes of the shape.
-Language Arts: 1. Write descriptive words or draw pictures of things you see during Fall (We practiced writing L for leaf on our shape).
2. Make up fun and rhyming Fall songs and sing them while your child laces. Then have them name the rhyming words. Example given below.
-Science: Discuss weather changes that Fall brings and discuss the shapes and forms of the common natural objects of Fall (leaves, etc).
-Math: Create a pattern in the middle of your shape (such as circle, heart, triangle, circle, heart, triangle, etc).
Leaves around us falling down
Yellow, orange, and sometimes brown
Pumpkins, apples, and some football
I’m so very excited it’s time for Fall!