This week’s topic is:
Does your toddler ever wake up in the middle of the night? If so, what do they want and how do you deal with it?
I was very fortunate to have been blessed with a baby that sleeps! Oh, how Bug has always loved his sleep! When he was a newborn, he would wake up twice at night to eat and that was pretty much it. Nap times were always a breeze too. He was still taking 3 naps a day at a year old! Two at daycare and a “cat nap” when we got home in the evenings which allowed me a little down time and time to get supper ready! He willingly took two naps a day well past the age that most kids do and the only reason he went to one nap was because of the class he moved into at daycare only took one nap. It was a rough couple weeks adjusting to that too!
Yes, other mothers hate me because my child sleeps! :)
On the rare occasion he wakes in the middle of the night and requires attention it’s because:
- “Bear” is not within his reach
- He wants his music back on
- He wants a drink of water
- He’s wiggled out of his covers and wants to be tucked back in.
- Or, occasionally, he just wants Mommy in there to hug and kiss and pat his back so he can drift back off to sleep. :)
Check out Toddler Talk Thursday! Maybe next week we can talk about our toddlers favorite storybooks! :)))