In order to get the most for your money at Kroger stores, you first need to acquire a Kroger Plus Shopper’s Card at your store’s customer service desk. You must have this card in order to get the sale price of the weekly ad items. Once you’ve got one, go to this page and register it online for valuable e-coupons, home mailings, a Upromise link to purchases, etc. Also, using your Kroger card has the potential to save you money on gas (in certain states)
We can only accept print-at-home coupons if they scan properly at checkout. Legitimate printable coupons are delivered using special software designed to print a properly rendered barcode on the coupon and limit the number of coupons printed.
We will generally not accept “FREE product” (no purchase required) print-at-home coupons. It is currently an industry practice not to produce print-at-home manufacturer’s coupons for free product. Buy-one-get-one-free coupons and other values that have a purchase requirement are acceptable.
We will usually not accept coupons for more than about 75% of a product’s value. For example, a $2 off coupon will be acceptable for a product that normally sells for $5 or more, but a $2 off printable coupon for a product that sells for $2.25 is unlikely to be legitimate. If there are exceptions, we are usually provided advance notice by the manufacturer.
Coupons will be rejected if they appear distorted or blurry, altered in any way, or are obvious duplicates. You should always print the coupon yourself directly from the website or email that is offering it. Only then can you ensure you are printing a legitimate coupon.
- Their BOGO sale items ring up at half-price
- You can stack store and manufacturer coupons
- They do not promote overages, but overages from coupon usage are absorbed into your total
- They do NOT accept a competitor’s store/Catalina coupons (You can’t use a Walgreens Catalina or a Target store coupon at a Kroger store)
- There are no limits on the number of coupons you can use
- The weekly ads vary by region, starting either on Sunday or Monday
- Coupons up to 50c are doubled at the register
I’ve never shopped at Kroger, so if you have anything else to add to this, please let me know!