Join me everyday in February as I share ways to save money on just about anything you need, want, use!
I think Yard Sales get a bad rap. I LOVE yard sales! The possibilities of what you can find is limitless! And you can find what you need for a good price!
For example, I just got FIVE brand new board games (Trivial Pursuit, Apples to Apples, Candy Land, Chronicles of Narnia and CSI: Miami The Board Game) for $1 EACH! The cards inside the Apples to Apples game were still in the shrink wrapped plastic. The other games looked like they couldn’t have been played more than a couple times! I put the Candy Land game up for Bug’s birthday. And we played Trivial Pursuit last night with Hub’s family!
Yard sales are also great for baby clothes and gear!
So, really, you should check out yard sales and see what YOU can find! Here are some tips:
- Start early! The best things are gone fast.
- Browse the ads in the paper – see if there are any neighboorhood yard sales or sales grouped in one area. It saves you some time!
- Carry cash.
- Do a drive by – Sometimes I won’t stop if I don’t see something that catches my eye.
- Shop in nice neighborhoods – they have nice stuff! ;)
- Don’t pay too much. Just because it’s at a yard sale doesn’t mean it’s a good deal – some people price too high! Be selective.
- Haggle – it’s part of it! I dislike when people get offended if I ask if they’ll take less than sticker price. It makes them look snobby and makes me more likely to turn around and leave. They don’t have to accept what I offer but they also don’t have to be rude about it.
- Want to have a good yard sale? Read How To Have A Good Yard Sale.