Today’s saving tip is to contact companies. Why? You ask. Because 99% of companies will reward your time and effort spent to compliment them with coupons – often ones for FREE products!
And if you are dissatisfied about a product – tell them that too. They want your repeat business so they will take the time to win back your favor.
With the internet it’s so easy to contact companies. Go to their website and find the “Contact Us” link. Most companies have a form you fill out. A few just provide and e-mail address.
Here are a couple companies I have contacted this week:
- Hidden Valley to tell them how much I LOVE their Salad Crispins!
- Totinos Pizza Rolls to make a genuine complaint. I had a pack of bad pizza rolls.
- Juicy Juice to let them know how much my son (and myself!) loved their Berry flavored juice.
It takes a little discipline to sit down and do this on a regular basis. But when everything starts pouring in your mailbox, it’ll be worth it! There are two ways to keep yourself on task:
- Follow Couponing to Disney’s 5-A-Day program. She lists links to 5 companies everyday for you to e-mail.
- Make a habit of setting aside 2 or 3 products you use everyday and sometime during the day, sit down and write those companies. If I’m cooking supper and see a website address on the label of something I’m using. I’ll clip that label and set it aside. If I’m using a shampoo or body wash, when the bottle is empty, I’ll set it aside. Then when I have time, I’ll collect my little pile and contact those companies.
So, what do you say when you contact the company?
- Give a compliment. Tell the company how much you like their product because it taste’s good, is convenient, your kids enjoy it, it makes you feel good to use it, etc.
- Make a suggestion. Tell them you like their product but _______ would make it better.
- Complain. If you were genuinely dissatisfied with the product tell them why. Make sure you have a product code off a package you want to complain about.
- Suggest that you would be interested in trying their product. If it’s something you’ve never used before, tell the company something about the product that caught your eye, how you think you would use it, and that you will likely try it in the future. You could be rewarded with a coupon to try it for free!