- Read all rebate forms carefully, noting the qualifying products/sizes, purchase period (between xx/xx/xx and yy/yy/yy), and what is necessary for the rebate (form, receipt, actual UPC off of product, etc)
- Always make sure any items you are submitting for different rebates are NOT on the same receipt! This may mean doing separate transactions at the store or getting items on different shopping trips. (Items for the same rebate can be purchased together – some may even require two items to be purchased in the same transaction to qualify) If I’m purchasing something that I know I want to send in a rebate on, I will write “rebate” next to it on my shopping list.
- Mail in the rebate ASAP to make sure you don’t miss out on it! I usually send mine in within a day or two of purchasing the products.
- Keep a copy of the rebate form, your receipt and UPC. (99% of the time, rebates will require ORIGINALS, no photocopies. But I do keep a photocopy of all the info in case my rebate doesn’t arrive in a timely fashion.
- Keep ALL your receipts! You never know when you may come across a rebate you didn’t know about for a product you just purchased! (Like me and the new P&G rebate!)
See all Rebate Posts.